- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
- 1 Bot flag requests
- 2 Bot policy
- 3 Wikimania Scholarships
- 4 Call for image filter referendum
- 6 Open Call for 2012 Wikimedia Fellowship Applicants
- 7 Announcing Wikipedia 1.19 beta
- 8 MediaWiki 1.19
- 9 Update on IPv6
- 10 2011 Picture of the Year competition
- 11 Mobile view as default view coming soon
- 12 Notice for community
- 13 Help decide about more than $10 million of Wikimedia donations in the coming year
- 14 Request for Comment: Legal Fees Assistance Program
- 15 Wikidata is getting close to a first roll-out
Bot flag requests
Hello, I am running my Bot User:SpaceBirdyBot as interwikibot on is.wikt (and de,es,pt,ga,af,fo,nah,scn,nl,sv,ro) lately because not all links are catched by the current active bots there. If You are interested I can set my bot to run here also.
I am using SVN pywikipedia (latest) and run it using
interwiki.py -wiktionary -autonomous -force -noauto -nobacklink -noshownew -neverlink:fur,ilo,nov,sco
- Botmaster: is:Notandi:Spacebirdy
- Bot's name:User:SpaceBirdyBot
- List of bot flags on other Wiktionarys:af,ar,co,ca,oc,da,de,el,es,it,is,pt,ga,gd,af,fo,nah,scn,nl,sv,ro,yi,zh-min-nan,...
- Technical details:svn pywikipediabot, latest versions
Best regards, --Spacebirdy 2008年7月3日 (四) 20:11 (UTC)
- Done. —Pathoschild 22:56:16, 04 Nin Sam 2009 (UTC)
I also request botstatus for this bot, run by en:User:Robert Ullmann, an uncontroversial interwikibot that runs fine and helps a lot in all Wiktionaries, thanks, --Spacebirdy 2009年3月4日 (三) 10:11 (UTC)
- There is no such account on this wiki. —Pathoschild 22:56:09, 04 Nin Sam 2009 (UTC)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. --Spacebirdy 2009年3月4日 (三) 10:11 (UTC)
- Implemented. —Pathoschild 21:04:29, 21 Nin Sam 2009 (UTC)
The call for applications for Wikimania Scholarships to attend Wikimania 2010 in Gdansk, Poland (July 9-11) is now open. The Wikimedia Foundation offers Scholarships to pay for selected individuals' round trip travel, accommodations, and registration at the conference. To apply, visit the Wikimania 2010 scholarships information page, click the secure link available there, and fill out the form to apply. For additional information, please visit the Scholarships information and FAQ pages:
Yours very truly, Cary Bass
Call for image filter referendum
The Wikimedia Foundation, at the direction of the Board of Trustees, will be holding a vote to determine whether members of the community support the creation and usage of an opt-in personal image filter, which would allow readers to voluntarily screen particular types of images strictly for their own account.
Further details and educational materials will be available shortly. The referendum is scheduled for 12-27 August, 2011, and will be conducted on servers hosted by a neutral third party. Referendum details, officials, voting requirements, and supporting materials will be posted at Meta:Image filter referendum shortly.
Sorry for delivering you a message in English. Please help translate the pages on the referendum on Meta and join the translators mailing list.
I apologize that you are receiving this message in English. Please help translate it.
Open Call for 2012 Wikimedia Fellowship Applicants
I apologize that you are receiving this message in English. Please help translate it.
- Do you want to help attract new contributors to Wikimedia projects?
- Do you want to improve retention of our existing editors?
- Do you want to strengthen our community by diversifying its base and increasing the overall number of excellent participants around the world?
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking Community Fellows and project ideas for the Community Fellowship Program. A Fellowship is a temporary position at the Wikimedia Foundation in order to work on a specific project or set of projects. Submissions for 2012 are encouraged to focus on the theme of improving editor retention and increasing participation in Wikimedia projects. If interested, please submit a project idea or apply to be a fellow by January 15, 2012. Please visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Fellowships for more information.
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Community Fellowships, Wikimedia Foundation 2011年12月22日 (四) 03:11 (UTC)
Announcing Wikipedia 1.19 beta
Wikimedia Foundation is getting ready to push out 1.19 to all the WMF-hosted wikis. As we finish wrapping up our code review, you can test the new version right now on beta.wmflabs.org. For more information, please read the release notes or the start of the final announcement.
The following are the areas that you will probably be most interested in:
- New common*.css files usable by skins instead of having to copy piles of generic styles from MonoBook or Vector's css.
- The default user signature now contains a talk link in addition to the user link.
- Searching blocked usernames in block log is now clearer.
- Better timezone recognition in user preferences.
- Improved diff readability for colorblind people.
- The interwiki links table can now be accessed also when the interwiki cache is used (used in the API and the Interwiki extension).
- More gender support (for instance in logs and user lists).
- Language converter improved, e.g. it now works depending on the page content language.
- Time and number-formatting magic words also now depend on the page content language.
- Bidirectional support further improved after 1.18.
Report any problems on the labs beta wiki and we'll work to address them before they software is released to the production wikis.
Note that this cluster does have SUL but it is not integrated with SUL in production, so you'll need to create another account. You should avoid using the same password as you use here. — Global message delivery 2012年1月15日 (日) 16:41 (UTC)
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.) The Wikimedia Foundation is planning to upgrade MediaWiki (the software powering this wiki) to its latest version this month. You can help to test it before it is enabled, to avoid disruption and breakage. More information is available in the full announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
Update on IPv6
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it, as well as the full version of this announcement on Meta)
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning to do limited testing of IPv6 on June 2-3. If there are not too many problems, we may fully enable IPv6 on World IPv6 day (June 6), and keep it enabled.
What this means for your project:
- At least on June 2-3, 2012, you may see a small number of edits from IPv6 addresses, which are in the form "
2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334". See e.g. w:en:IPv6 address. These addresses should behave like any other IP address: You can leave messages on their talk pages; you can track their contributions; you can block them. (See the full version of this announcement for notes on range blocks.)
- In the mid term, some user scripts and tools will need to be adapted for IPv6.
- We suspect that IPv6 usage is going to be very low initially, meaning that abuse should be manageable, and we will assist in the monitoring of the situation.
Read the full version of this announcement on how to test the behavior of IPv6 with various tools and how to leave bug reports, and to find a fuller analysis of the implications of the IPv6 migration.
--Erik Möller, VP of Engineering and Product Development, Wikimedia Foundation 2012年6月2日 (Loeg) 01:31 (UTC)
2011 Picture of the Year competition
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2011 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We are interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year 2011. Any user registered at Commons or a Wikimedia wiki SUL-related to Commons with more than 75 edits before 1 April 2012 (UTC) is welcome to vote and, of course everyone is welcome to view!
Detailed information about the contest can be found at the introductory page.
About 600 of the best of Wikimedia Common's photos, animations, movies and graphics were chosen –by the international Wikimedia Commons community– out of 12 million files during 2011 and are now called Featured Pictures.
From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons Features Pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories.
We regret that you receive this message in English; we intended to use banners to notify you in your native language but there was both, human and technical resistance.
See you on Commons! --Picture of the Year 2011 Committee 2012年6月5日 (Ngeih) 18:46 (UTC)
Mobile view as default view coming soon
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it, as well as the instructions on Meta)
The mobile view of this project and others will soon become the default view on mobile devices (except tablets). Some language versions of these projects currently show no content on the mobile home page, and it is a good time to do a little formatting so users get a mobile-friendly view, or to add to existing mobile content if some already exists.
If you are an administrator, please consider helping with this change. There are instructions which are being translated. The proposed date of switching the default view is June 21.
--Phil Inje Chang, Product Manager, Mobile, Wikimedia Foundation 2012年6月16日 (Loeg) 08:37 (UTC)
Notice for community
Help decide about more than $10 million of Wikimedia donations in the coming year
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it)
As many of you are aware, the Wikimedia Board of Trustees recently initiated important changes in the way that money is being distributed within the Wikimedia movement. As part of this, a new community-led "Funds Dissemination Committee" (FDC) is currently being set up. Already in 2012-13, its recommendations will guide the decisions about the distribution of over 10 million US dollars among the Foundation, chapters and other eligible entities.
Now, seven capable, knowledgeable and trustworthy community members are sought to volunteer on the initial Funds Dissemination Committee. It is expected to take up its work in September. In addition, a community member is sought to be the Ombudsperson for the FDC process. If you are interested in joining the committee, read the call for volunteers. Nominations are planned to close on August 15.
--Anasuya Sengupta, Director of Global Learning and Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation 2012年7月19日 (Seiq) 20:31 (UTC)
Request for Comment: Legal Fees Assistance Program
I apologize for addressing you in English. I would be grateful if you could translate this message into your language.
The Wikimedia Foundation is conducting a request for comment on a proposed program that could provide legal assistance to users in specific support roles who are named in a legal complaint as a defendant because of those roles. We wanted to be sure that your community was aware of this discussion and would have a chance to participate in that discussion.
If this page is not the best place to publicize this request for comment, please help spread the word to those who may be interested in participating. (If you'd like to help translating the "request for comment", program policy or other pages into your language and don't know how the translation system works, please come by my user talk page at m:User talk:Mdennis (WMF). I'll be happy to assist or to connect you with a volunteer who can assist.)
Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF)2012年9月6日 (Seiq) 02:18 (UTC)
Wikidata is getting close to a first roll-out
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.)
As some of you might already have heard Wikimedia Deutschland is working on a new Wikimedia project. It is called m:Wikidata. The goal of Wikidata is to become a central data repository for the Wikipedias, its sister projects and the world. In the future it will hold data like the number of inhabitants of a country, the date of birth of a famous person or the length of a river. These can then be used in all Wikimedia projects and outside of them.
The project is divided into three phases and "we are getting close to roll-out the first phase". The phases are:
- language links in the Wikipedias (making it possible to store the links between the language editions of an article just once in Wikidata instead of in each linked article)
- infoboxes (making it possible to store the data that is currently in infoboxes in one central place and share the data)
- lists (making it possible to create lists and similar things based on queries to Wikidata so they update automatically when new data is added or modified)
It'd be great if you could join us, test the demo version, provide feedback and take part in the development of Wikidata. You can find all the relevant information including an FAQ and sign-up links for our on-wiki newsletter on the Wikidata page on Meta.
For further discussions please use this talk page (if you are uncomfortable writing in English you can also write in your native language there) or point me to the place where your discussion is happening so I can answer there.
--Lydia Pintscher 2012年9月10日 (It) 13:44 (UTC)